In today’s competitive medical industry, having a website to promote products and services is necessary. Today, more people are using the internet when searching for the best healthcare products and services depending on their needs. Not to mention that most people are searching for symptoms and diagnosis before looking for a medical solution. However, having a website is just the beginning, the key factor to a successful medical business is healthcare SEO. So, what is SEO? Why do healthcare professionals and businesses need this?
What is Healthcare SEO?
SEO means search engine optimization, a practice used to increase website’s online visibility and organic search engine ranking. In layman’s term, this is a technique used to appear healthcare websites on top of Google’s search results. By boosting your website’s ranking in major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic that can possibly attract new patients. Attracting potential patients will likely increase your patient roster and eventually, bring in more revenue. But, how does SEO work? What are the best practices to consider achieving a sustainable result?
How does SEO Work?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a form of digital marketing to promote websites to appear on top of organic search engine results. Basically, search engines like Google use a complex formula to identify what website ranks best that is relevant to the search query. This formula is called “Google algorithm” that primarily investigates three factors in ranking websites: quality, trust, and authority.
- Quality – You need to have relevant and unique content in your healthcare website to beat the competition. Google prefers a website with easy to read content that provides valuable information to patients.
- Trust – To rank high in Google’s organic search results, you need to build trust and convince Google that your healthcare website is credible and reliable. Partner with reputable industry-related websites or blogs and build a link back to your site.
- Authority – Popular websites have a better chance of ranking higher in search results. Make your healthcare website popular by building a fan base or a community of people who will share your content on social media.
What are the Best SEO Practices?
While there’s no perfect formula on healthcare SEO, there are best practices that are proven to be the most effective and efficient way of increasing a website’s ranking on top search engines. Here are six (6) of them:
- Make your website mobile-friendly and easy to navigate by all types of user. Today, most of the people are using mobile devices more than computers for convenient. Potential patients use mobile phones more than desktop or laptop to search for healthcare information. If your website isn’t responsive to any devices, users will likely to hit back button due to complex format and navigation.
- Secure your website by installing SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Google prefers websites with URL starts at “HTTPS://” instead of just “HTTP://”. By installing SSL, it creates a secure connection from a web server to a browser. In 2014, Google announced secure websites as a ranking factor.
- Improve your website’s loading speed. In this fast-paced era, potential patients aren’t going to wait for a slow-loading healthcare website. There are many other websites within the same industry that they can visit rather than waiting for your website to load. Hence, having a slow-loading page can affect your website’s traffic negatively.
- Create relevant and unique content. Having high-quality articles on your website help boost organic search engine ranking. Make your site as the trusted source of valuable information to your existing and potential patients. Also, people prefer images and videos compared to just plain text, so try to incorporate them into your content. By doing so, people will keep on visiting your site and will likely share your content to social media. Hence, increases traffic and website’s popularity.
- Choose a competitive keyword and incorporate in your title tags and meta descriptions. When creating healthcare content, determine which relevant keywords or phrases will most likely attract new patients. Utilize this keyword in your article title and meta description. By doing this, it will make your site more appealing to search engines and will likely show up at the top of organic search results.
- Establish trust and authority through social media marketing and link building. As mentioned, for a website to rank high in search engine result pages (SERPs), it must build trust and authority. You can do this by creating quality links back to your website either through social media websites, partnering with authority healthcare sites or guest blogging. This practice will not only improve your website’s position in SERPs but also helps attract new patients through social media sharing.
Now that you have understood what healthcare SEO is all about, what will be your next steps towards improving your medical practice? Do you find SEO as one of the important factors in growing your business? If so, then act now by connecting with a healthcare SEO professional and implement the above best practices.
Connect with Healthcare SEO Expert
As a busy healthcare professional, we assume that the last thing in your mind is to worry about implementing SEO best practices in your digital marketing strategy. That’s where SEO service provider comes into place. Hiring a healthcare SEO consultant allows you to focus on what you do best which is taking care of your patients. Not to mention that SEO keeps on evolving because of the never-ending update on Google’s algorithm. Need not to worry about keeping up with SEO’s latest trend and practices. Let the SEO consultant help you be prepared for any unexpected changes that will impact your healthcare website’s traffic and search engine result pages (SERPs) ranking.
Looking for the best SEO professional in the market is a challenging task. It will require extensive research and investigation by reading reviews and testimonials from actual customers. However, if you understand the concept of SEO and how it impacts healthcare professionals in both ways – you’ll be safe.