We usually call digital printing any type of printing where the information goes directly to the printing machine, without the use of plates or intermediate processes. This definition is somewhat vague and ambiguous, because it serves to refer to the domestic printer that has any user in your home, the photocopier that is in the corner store or a machine that occupies 40 square meters and costs 1.5 million Euros. And, logically, they do not print the same.
In the Professorprint we have different digital printing technologies, each one adapted to your specific needs. In color printing, the latest HP Indigo digital printing machines stand out, the only technology on the market that prints the same as offset, which is why it is known as digital offset or electrotinta.
HP Indigo printing technology is very similar to offset, but replacing the analog aluminum plate with a unit called PIP that is like a virtual plate that is being painted and erased on each turn of the drum. This virtual plate is electrically charged and covered with the HP electrotinta that is transferred to the rubber blanket and then to the paper, with which the ink penetrates the imperfections of the paper and guarantees maximum adhesion. In digital printing, most offset papers can be printed, but not all. In addition, it can be printed on PVC, on magnets and synthetic papers; you can also use white ink, etc.
The printing order of the inks is as follows: first the black, then the cyan, then the magenta and finally the yellow, which is the most transparent and acts as a protector. In addition to the colors Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black, we can print Pantone special colors and apply varnishes or lacquers. Each extra color or offset varnish needs an additional printing body. In https://www.kiasuprint.com/businesscards-namecards-printing/products/ our machine consists of 5 printing bodies + a lacquered or varnished tower.
This type of digital printers allows a great quality, a very fast putting in machine and the printed one leaves dry, with what can be manipulated in the act. All this makes it possible to print very short runs and very quickly. Also visit https://www.mandreel.com
Advantages and disadvantages of digital printing
Among the main advantages of digital printing we find:
- The machine start is instantaneous and economical.
- You can print very short runs and urgent jobs.
- The system accepts a wide range of special supports: PVC, vinyl, magnet, etc.
- You can use variable data and customize each sheet.
- It can be manipulated in the act.
- It provides an excellent photographic quality.
- In addition, current machines incorporate densitometers that guarantee color stability.
Among the disadvantages we can mention:
- The printing cost is fixed so that large runs are not cheaper.
- Some funds may have banding (although it is becoming increasingly priceless).
- The sheet size is smaller than in the offset.
- The range of papers that can be used is more limited.
For more info visit https://www.kiasuprint.com/common-company-seals-singapore/